Member and Volunteer Appreciation BBQ
Freedom Fund Gala
Mission and Vision
The mission of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People is to secure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights in order to eliminate race-based discrimination and ensure the health and well-being of all persons.
The vision of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) is to ensure a society in which all individuals have equal rights without discrimination based on race.
Making these game changers a reality will require the Board of Directors’ leadership, broad outreach in venues such as regional and state conferences, an effective program to educate national, state, and local leaders about the plan and participation of the units.
The program for units will contain clear messages regarding strategies and plans and will provide training so that members can adapt the aims of the plan to the needs of their community and move it to action. Member feedback will be brought into national level discussions in order to identify the resources and support needed for members to be successful in their local communities.
NAACP Staff will work closely with members, providing training, support, and expertise on the Game Changers and will periodically review work plans to ensure alignment with local needs.
- A chance to live the American Dream for all
- Every person will have equal opportunity to achieve economic success, sustainability, and financial security.
- A free, high-quality, public education for all
- Every child will receive a free, high quality, equitably-funded, public pre-K and K-12 education followed by diverse opportunities for accessible, affordable vocational or university education.
- Health equality for all Americans including a healthy life and high-quality health care
- Everyone will have equal access to affordable, high-quality health care, and racially disparate health outcomes will end.
Public Safety and Criminal Justice
- Equitable dispensation of justice for all
- Disproportionate incarceration, racially motivated policing strategies, and racially biased, discriminatory, and mandatory minimum sentencing will end. Incarceration will be greatly reduced and communities will be safer. The death penalty will be abolished at the state and federal level, as well as in the military.
Voting Rights and Political Representation
- Protect and enhance voting rights and fair representation
- Every American will have free, open, equal, and protected access to the vote and fair representation at all levels of the political process. By protecting democracy, enhancing equity, and increasing democratic participation and civic engagement, African Americans will be proportionally elected to political office.
Expanding Youth and Young Adult Engagement
The NAACP is expanding the presence of youth consciousness in every aspect of the Association through significant attention to expanding engagement with key age demographic (1979 and after). Young adult engagement will be key in policy research, development and advocacy on all levels. Greater support is being made to enhance the capacity of local units to recruit, engage, train and retain young adults. Innovative approaches are being taken on young adult membership and program engagement.