The Committee for Economic Development shall implement local efforts and support national programs to preserve and expand economic empowerment among African-Americans and other communities of color by:
- Researching and establishing relationships with private and public entities;
- Supporting the work of the National Office in monitoring the progress and activity of private and public entities designated by national programs; and
- Implementing local efforts to promote the growth of business ownership;
- Increasing employment and job creation; and
- Encouraging business development and home ownership.