I wanted to take a moment to wish you and your loved ones a Happy New Year and to thank you for supporting the NAACP year after year.
In 2021, the pandemic continued to impact all of our lives and we witnessed rights get chipped away that had long been considered settled. But through it all, you stood firm in your support of the NAACP, and together, we used our collective power to defend the communities we care about.
And as I look toward what’s ahead of us in 2022, I know that it’s going to be that same collective power that will carry us forward as we fight to:
- Block suppressive voting laws and push back against unjust and unconstitutional voting maps aimed at weakening the influence of Black voters;
- Advocate for economic policies to assist Black entrepreneurs and workers in rebuilding their lives and livelihoods as the country recovers from the economic downturn caused by the pandemic;
- Continue our call for reimagined policing that brings an end to state-sanctioned brutality and includes real accountability for law enforcement;
- Combat the spread of COVID-19 misinformation that is destroying the health of communities of color and ensure that everyone who wants to be vaccinated has equal access to the vaccines; and
- Hold corporations accountable, especially social media and tech companies that refuse to remove hate from their platforms and take seriously their responsibility in securing our democracy.
We fought so hard together in 2021, and 2022 must be no different.
We have the power. Let’s make sure we keep using it for the millions of people who are depending on us.
President and CEO