The NAACP by-laws state that we shall:
- Work to promote, protect and maintain the health of (African) Americans.
- Assess the health needs of the community.
- Advocate for equal access to health education, care, treatment and research for all Americans.
- Sponsor health-related activities such as: health forums, fairs and workshops highlighting issues of importance to the community.
5. Support health initiatives of the associations.
Please join us as we build the Health Committee. We realize the above by-laws are lofty ideas and goals, but together we can do anything.
HEALTH TIPS FOR THE HOLIDAY SEASON
• Be mindful of your salt, sugar and fat intake
• Drink lots of water
• Drink alcohol in moderation
Peace and Seasons Greetings
TeaEster B. Higgins
Chair of the Health Committee